Lyric Fire: NaPoWriMo 2012 – Day 24 of 30 Poems in 30 Days – Revival

Image Source Page

NaPoWriMo 2012 – 30 Poems in 30 Days – Day 24

Happy Tuesday! I keep telling myself that I haven’t run out of words, that I will never run out of words! It has been a constant chant in my head to keep me going. With six more days left in this poetry challenge, I know I can make it! I have to make it! So… Here is a nice serving of hay(na)ku for you! It is a poetry form that is similar to haiku, but has no syllable restrictions. The form goes like this: The first line has one word, the second line has two words, and the third line has three words. Hay(na)ku can be written as multi-verse poems. Enjoy!

battered and

are in

bad shape, but

refuse to

see fruit die

life source

should be loved

For more delicious servings of poetry this month, please visit these bloggers as they are also participating in NaPoWriMo!

© 2012 – 2014, TamekaMullins. All rights reserved.

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.

Apr 24, 2012 | Posted by in Blog, NaPoWriMo 2012, Tamstarz Poetry | 11 comments

Comments (11 Responses)

1. sulekha says:

A very interesting way of writing poems, nice 🙂

2. Janaki Nagaraj says:

Very nice writing.

3. rimly says:

Liked it. you have the ability to make the most mundane into the extraordinary, Tameka

4. Andy says:

My dear Tameka,
    A poet heart always sees beauty where others see none. Love this and the image too. Nicely done my friend!

5. Jan Neel says:

Awe, I get all sad over that kind of death too!!! Like when the kids take one bite and trash it…Lovely words.

6. Oh, so very clever! I would have never guessed fruit until you revealed the answer. Well done!

7. It is isn’t it Sulekha? I’ve been having fun learning about all the different poetry forms in this challenge. I haven’t taken them all on, but I will definitely use them in the future!
    Thanks Janaki!
    Awww, thanks Rimly!
    I so agree dear Andy! Thank you!
    LOL! I know! I do too Jan. What a waste. There is an ice cream maker that you can use to make frozen treats out of over ripened bananas and other fruit. It’s called Yonanas: 🙂
    Thanks Martha! I miss your words. I need to make my way over to your blog this week!

8. Cathy says:

This was really cool! I really enjoyed reading it!!

9. Adriene says:

Great reveal at the end! Nice job with this form!

10. You had me guessing,very cleverly done, Tameka. ♥

11. Hi Cathy! Thanks for visiting my blog. I truly appreciate your comment!
    Thanks Sweepy. Watching you do the prompts encouraged me to stretch! 🙂